martes, 17 de enero de 2023

Hellas "Interview for the second V.F.I.Zine"

 





1. Before starting with the strictly musical, I want to thank you Deimos for being part of this second edition of the zine together with Hellas.

Deimos! The gratitude is totally mutual! To be part of this project is an honor because in these times of complete censorship and mental emptiness, the diffusion of bands that this space provides is the right way to fight with so many lies and bullshit that exists in this world.


2. When and how is Hellas developed? 

Deimos: HELLAS is a project born from a traditionalist feeling to maintain the family heritage and the Greek culture that I proudly carry in my veins. 


3. How do you see Black Metal in general lately? 

Deimos: Black metal, like many genres nowadays, sold out to modernity and abandoned its roots to become an empty shell. True black metal keeps the permanent tradition of fighting against the system. Once again I thank the media for providing this space to projects that still keep alive the flame of Prometheus. Their contribution today is what makes the genre current.

 

4. Do you listen to new projects or are you faithful to the sound of the pillars of the genre? 

Deimos: I tend to listen to current projects, not on a daily basis but still it's amazing to hear artists that genuinely create new material that sometimes you can see their inspiration in the fundamental pillars of black metal.


5. Let's talk about Culture.               

A_ Are you an activist of any Hellenic association in Argentina?

Deimos: I currently attend events of the community "Colectividad Helénica Panelinion", a beautiful cultural space where they gather to celebrate with traditional music, typical food and keeping the Greek tradition alive

B_ What Hellenic traditions were passed down in your family and do you still maintain? 

Deimos: The oral tradition of mythological stories is still alive today and I will keep it with my children. Added to gastronomy since traditional recipes are still part of my daily menu.

 

6. What can you tell us about the long awaited Ep "Titanomaquia"? 

Deimos: "TITANOMAQUIA" the epic struggle of Olympians against Titans. An Ep that will bring to life the mythological contest and will have apologies to the problems of today's world.



7. Tell us a little about the song "Tartarus". 

Deimos: "TARTARUS" the prison of the titans, the very abyss beyond the depths of Hades. Song that represents the suffering in the mythological dungeon.


8. Which labels were interested in representing Hellas inside and outside Argentina?                  

Deimos: The only label that has been interested in my project so far has been Visión-Furor-Ideal. I am eternally grateful to them for giving me a space in this project. You can find one of the tracks of the Ep in the compilation "The Horde Unleashes Anger Vol. 2".


9. What is your basic inspiration when you sit down to compose?               

Deimos: When I sit down to compose I can spend long hours until I find a primordial sound that is usually reminiscent of the fundamental pillars of classic black metal, such as the early works of Burzum, one of my greatest inspirations.


10. How is the recording process you use? 

Deimos: The recording process for Hellas starts with complete isolation, I lock myself away with my keyboard and notebook. I try to find peace in contemplative silence and meditate for a moment. I make myself a good coffee and the composition begins.  A classical piano sound to create a melody.  I can go for hours until I find the perfect sound and then go on with the whole composition. 


11. How do you define the sound of Hellas?                  

Deimos: A primitive sound made entirely with synthesizer. Epic and tragic, an oxymoron music.


12. Thinking about a split, is there any project with which you would like to make one?                         

Deimos: With my side project "Dungeon Mysteries" I made a split with "Rhodian", a project that comes from Greece. At the moment with Hellas I haven't had the opportunity and I don't have anyone in mind.


13. Let's talk about reading with a project based on Greek mythology you must read a lot.                 

A_ What writers do you frequent lately? 

Deimos: I love to review readings of Nietzsche, he has several interpretations of Greek mythology that are interesting to analyze to understand apologies of the modern world. 

B_ What books would you recommend?             

Deimos: A book I recommend is "The Birth of Tragedy or Hellenism and Pessimism".


14. Musically speaking.              

A_ Do you maintain communication with musical projects within Greece?                  

Deimos: Yes, I keep in touch with the project "Rhodian", a Greek dungeon synth project with which I have collaborated in a split.  Highly recommended.

B_ Is there any project you can recommend? 

Deimos: "Rhodian".


15. What actions do you take in the face of the disgusting modern world and all the stench it brings?                  

Deimos: Embracing traditions, keeping my spirit loyal to my Greek heritage and always keeping the family together, because for me today we have to fight to maintain the traditional family model in the face of the disgusting modernity that constantly tries to destabilize the values that our ancestors have historically fought for. 


16. At this point you can express yourself freely in relation to what you want.                       

Deimos: I want to give a special thanks to my wife Carmela and my children Helena and Luca, they are my greatest inspiration and my driving force to go ahead with everything. 


17. Finally, a few words for the readers... 

Deimos: Stay tuned because soon I will be recording new material, fully inspired by Greek mythology... A fraternal embrace.

Deimos.

I thank you for your time and it is a great pleasure to have you participate in the zine.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

"OCCULTISM"

 "OCCULTISM" AND THE FIRST ESITERIC WAVE OF MODERN TIMES… In the years between 1870 and 1940 – roughly calculated – there were the...